Weight Loss Program: How to Lose Weight in Quickly Tweet
The eating strategy below is called the fat liberation phase and it improves energy levels, reduces body fat, builds lean muscle, improves insulin metabolism, lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of stroke. About 50 - 60 % of your total calorie intake will be coming from lean protein sources. The remaining 40-50% or your calorie intake will come from fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy oils.
The key to weight loss is a calorie deficit. You'll need to consume fewer calories than you expend.
1. Eat a lean protein at every feeding.
With this strategy you are allowed to eat the lean meat you want to eat. The fewer the legs that animal had the better it will be for you. fish, poultry and then beef, lamb etc.
This point is crucial if you miss the lean serving of protein, your body will break down skeletal muscle for fuel. Muscle is the only place where fat is burned in your body. Keep your muscle by eating lean meats.
2. Eat a non-starchy vegetable at every meal. You already know why you need to eat your vegetables. Focus on leafy greens like spinach, kale and collard greens.
If you're eating out and even if it isn’t on the menu, request a side order of a vegetables. Lightly steamed or raw is best in most cases. Put some pepper, powdered garlic, lime juice, salt-free spice mix, cayenne pepper pr lemon juice on them for flavor. I know you may not like vegetables. They're not my favorite either. Just find a handful that you sort-of like and learn to like them.
3. Eat a whole grain (Limit intake to weekends or "open" meals).
What are whole grains? Oats, brown rice, quinoa, barley, spelt, potato with skin, yam, etc. Whole grains are easily converted into glucose and this is your bodies’ first choice for fuel. It also shuts off your bodies ability to burn fat. When given the choice of burning fat or starch the body will burn the starchy carbohydrate for fuel. Limit intake if your goal is weight loss or fat loss.
If your goal is to reduce your body fat levels and get tone, you will get the most out of this eating strategy and lifestyle (not a diet) by exercising every day. It does not need to be some boring hour long sweat session on the treadmill, elliptical, or bike either. Research suggests that you will get better results by exercising for less time and at a higher intensities with progressive resistance training.
With this program, I'm hoping you'll discover the power of simple principles applied daily. These principles will speed your fat loss and body transformation. There will be times when you will not be able to eat according to this plan. When you know the principles of healthy eating, you don't have to worry about going out to eat, eating at work, eating at a party, or other situations where you cannot prepare food yourself.Below is a full week of eating that you can use to accelerate your fat loss and body transformation.
- MEAL 1: Shamrock omelet (cooked greens + egg whites), 1/2 apple, 1 tsp flax seed oil
- MEAL 2: 4-6 Ounce "EAS" Brand Protein Shake made with skim milk and mixed berries
- MEAL 3: (Worst case scenario "open" meal or fast food meal) Mixed Veggie Chicken Bowl (Pick up Stix)
- MEAL 4: EAS Protein Shake or Asparagus spears wrapped with smoked turkey slices
- MEAL 5: Orange Glazed Halibut with Mixed Greens Salad, 1 tsp flax oil, 1 cup green tea
- MEAL 1: Spartan Omelet, 1/2 pomello, 1 tsp flax, 1 cup green tea
- MEAL 2: EAS Protein Shake or 1/2 - 1 cup blueberries with 1/4 - 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- MEAL 3: Sliced roast chicken, on gluten free bread with spinach, onion, and sun dried tomato spread, 1 cup green tea
- MEAL 4: EAS Protein Shake or 1 cup mixed berries with non-fat whipped cream and dark chocolate sprinkles
- MEAL 5: Basil tilapia and grilled yam, 1-cup green tea
- MEAL 1: 3 Scrambled egg whites 1 yolk, 1-tsp flax oil, 1-cup rosemary white tea
- MEAL 2: EAS Protein Shake or 1 tbsp flax seed peanut butter wrapped in lettuce with sprouts and green apple slices
- MEAL 3: (Worst case scenario "open" meal or fast food meal) Burger King grilled chicken sandwich (no bun) with triple tomato, triple onion, triple lettuce no spread and a diet coke or bottled water.
- MEAL 4: EAS Protein Shake or 1/2 Fuji Apple with 1 stick mozzarella
- MEAL 5: Buffalo Burger and mixed greens with Omega-3 fortified spread, 1 cup white tea
- MEAL 1: Tomato, Spinach and Mushroom Omelet, 1/2 pomello, 1 tsp flax seed oil, 1 cup black tea
- MEAL 2: EAS Protein Shake or 1/2 slice gluten free bread with 1 tbsp almond butter
- MEAL 3: (Worst case scenario "open" meal or fast food meal) Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad, Baked Potato w chives, diet Dr. Pepper
- MEAL 4: EAS Protein Shake or 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with mixed berries and 1 tsp flax seed oil
- MEAL 5: Garden Burger with Cherry Tomato Salad, 1 tsp flax seed oil, 1 cup white tea
- MEAL 1: 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/2 red delicious apple, 1 tsp flax, 1-cup black tea
- MEAL 2: EAS Protein Shake or 1/2 cup yogurt with goji berries
- MEAL 3: Sliced chicken breast, on gluten free bread with spinach, onion, and sun dried tomato spread, 1 cup white tea
- MEAL 4: EAS Protein Shake or 1-cup tropical fruit salad, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt and 1 tsp. dark chocolate sprinkles
- MEAL 5: 1 slice "Amy's whole grain spinach pizza" with mixed greens salad, 1 cup white tea
SATURDAY AND SUNDAYDAYS 6 & 7 (Cheat Days)
If you look carefully at the meals and snacks we have planned for the week, you will notice a pattern.
Every meal has a source of lean protein and a non starchy vegetable.
You'll notice processed sugars, cereal, starch and alcohol are all limited on this plan.
On the weekends and "open meals", should you choose to partake in any of these items, feel free to do so in small amounts.
Follow the fat liberation eating strategy outlined above and you can expect to lose 2-3 pounds of fat per week when combined with high intensity, progressive interval strength training.